Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Just. Breathe.

Today has been one of "those" days. 

Terrible, horrible, no-good, very bad day, and I think I'm moving to Australia....
(reference to a beloved children's book: Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day)

I have a meeting at church tonight for senior high youth group regular planning & retreat planning.  Somehow, I've GOT to turn my mood around!  I don't feel inspired, patient, or grace-filled at all- not a good way to start the afternoon, and definately not a good way to go into planning tonight, and not a good time to be going to church- I feel like I could snap someone's head off and not realize it happened until tomorrow!!!

While venting to my mom, she reminded me that these are the times when it is best time to go to church.  Even if it's not a service, even if it's not mass, just be present.  She's right!  (of course she's right, she's Mom.) *grin* 

While Australia might be a fun retreat, I don't think running half-way around the world is going to resolve my mood. 

~~~

Dearest Mary, Mother of God,
You have the power to bestow graces upon us- please help me find the grace to forgive those around me.  Please help me find the patience within to quiet my soul, and help prepare me so that I may be a vessel, bringing God's message to the table tonight.  Help me to be present in your Son, Jesus Christ, and help me to feel His presence in me. 

Hail Mary, full of Grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

No comments: