Monday, November 7, 2011

Post Update: It's Okay to Cry

A little while ago I posted about how I cry at Mass..... when the Spirit moves me, I let it move me!  I realized I have a lot of healing to do, and over the last 10 years that I've worked so hard to help other people in their struggles, I have built such a high, thick wall around the wounded areas of my heart, my soul.  When I realize this, when one of those bricks comes down, I can't help but cry- out of pain, out of Glory to God for healing me with His love, out of fear that I will be too weak to endure the struggles if I don't have that "foundation"- that FALSE foundation of brick-n-mortar that I've built.

Yesterday, while celebrating Mass with 1600 high school students at Youth Convention, a little more healing took place, and I cried.  While I was crying, allowing myself to open up for God's healing grace, I found myself begging, pleading for rain.  Then I remembered that I never posted the hyperlinks for the song Rain in my post "It's Okay to Cry"... so, here it is.

Amazingly, although not completely unexpected, I had a Soul Cry while I was at Convention this last weekend- but I'd like to share it with that individual before I share it with all of you. 

As you listen to "Rain", I encourage you to check out Carly's other songs, and Tess and Carson's too... their whole family is so incredibly talented.  But I also encourage you to say a prayer for all those affected by depression, suicide, and loss.  I also ask you to say just a little prayer the next time it rains- that God's healing waters rain down on you and anyone else who needs to feel His love. 

In the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost- AMEN.

No comments: