Tuesday, May 18, 2021

This is My Why... Taking a Leap of Faith

 Six days ago, I posted a series of photos on Instagram and Facebook, and quoted Psalm 46:5 "God is within her, she will not fail." I said "Warriors of Prayer, a lot is happening. I'm holding many things close to my heart right now, but these images mean a lot to me, and are very much a part of my "WHY". Any bits of light you can send my way would be greatly appreciated.".... and so it began... 

I know that God always hears what's in our hearts, especially when our emotions are sooo big that we can't even begin to form words to express what's going on. The opportunity has been presented to Federal agencies to help with the situation at the Southern border of the United States, where thousands of unaccompanied minors are pouring in seeking shelter and safety. 

Six days ago, I needed prayers for discernment, guidance to see if this was what I really wanted to do -I mean, I knew it's what I wanted to do, it's where my passion has always been, but to up and move for anywhere from 30-120 days... taking that first step, I knew, would be hard. 

As I prayed, I really thought about all that those children have gone through to get here, and how much they needed me. One person, me. Why would they need me? What can one person do? One person's voice, one person's attention, one person's passion? Then I remembered a piece I read that was published when the masses were first coming to the border during the previous administration, and how the children and parents were being separated.... I remembered how I wept at the thought of the absolute faith and courage it took these families to find any way possible to travel hundreds and sometimes thousands of miles to come for the thought of what might be a better life, only to have the very objects of their faith ripped away.   

Rosaries and Bibles, copies of the New Testament confiscated as dangerous paraphernalia being smuggled into the US by "illegal immigrants" as they were separated from their families, children in one line, men and women in separate lines. 

 It was then that I knew - I KNEW - that I could not say no. I contacted management, and the dominos began falling into place... 

When in doubt, pray. Take that leap of faith. Faith. Yes, there's fear involved, but having fear makes Faith all the more rewarding. 






No comments: