Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Let the Dominos Begin to Fall...

 As the song says, "Signs, signs, every where are signs..." and believe me, the more I prayed about this detail for the next four months, the more signs keep popping up! 

Our home priest is retiring and 'lightening the canoe' as he says. The piece I was most called to bring home was a framed print that was very obviously from Latin/South America, and it showed the People's Jesus, crucified in the center of town, watching over everyone and everything. 

The artist ended up being Guatemalan. Father received it as a gift when he was visiting Columbia. The imagery is so powerful, how Jesus is one of the people, by the people, for the people... How could I not have given it a new home? 

The vacancy at work was suppose to close at the end of April, but when I looked, it had been extended to the end of May. We were only, originally, approved to have one person from our region selected, and they made an exception to have my application submitted as well. Within 6 days, I went from just realizing this was available to realizing that I needed to start packing!  It was amazing how things fell into place, so perfectly. 

My brain even started thinking in Spanish more and more, without me realizing I was going it. EVERYTHING seemed to be pointing to this being right. Scary, nerve-wracking, unknown, but *right*. 

The last time I felt a calling this strong was when I was looking for colleges and walked onto the PLU campus; I just knew... and now, I just know... this is where I need to be, what I need to be doing... 

No comments: