Monday, August 3, 2009

I Hate to Say It, but I TOLD YOU SO!

Last weekend, or was it the weekend before??? Jo Ann and I were talking about God, Faith, religion, etc, and I did my best to explain my "Soul Cries". I realized then that it sounds so silly when I verbalize my logic behind so many things in avoiding church and such! Jo didn't realize just how much she was calling my bluff on it, because as I said it outloud instead of journaling or blogging, it sounded so juvenile! When we got back home, she prompted me to share my story with another friend there, which completely took me by surprise.

I liked her logic though- "I know him, I know you, and while you don't know each other well, I know you both, and know this needs to be shared."

So I shared, we all shared a little bit, and I acknowledged within myself, within my soul, that I was going to make the effort to open myself back up... Jo even had us pull Medicine Cards and I turned the Beaver.... very fitting.

(here comes the "I told you so" part)

In the past when I've closed myself off from the Spirit, I've justified it as a self defence mechanism against these cursed-compassionate Soul Cries. I am bound and determined not to let this keep me closed off anymore!!! Last night I had one. I didn't know who for, I didn't know why, I just knew I had to pray, and pray hard. It had me all distraught, and it felt very deep, very heavy, and very solemn. By the time I went to bed, I was convinced I had an army of angels praying with me, and when I woke up today, I could feel the lingering presence, the depth of the dark burning, the intensity of channeling the Spirit with such great force. I did my best to shake the feeling by listening to Bing Crosby, because- well- who doesn't melt when they hear that man sing!

When I got to the office today I walked right back into that intensity. One of the women in my office passed away Thursday morning, very unexpectedly. She'd been working in the office since March 1978- that's longer than I've been alive! I feel at peace about it, which is surprising, but I feel the intensity of everyone else's pain in the office. The thought of going to the funeral makes me hide inside myself because I know that I'll feel all of everyone's pain, but I really feel like I should be there because I have so much experience in grieving, and so much experience helping others find their way on the path through grief to healing.

Hmm... perhaps it's time to stop being selfish and hiding inside myself. Saying "I told you so" doesn't really fit right, but it's true- I always say to my journal that as soon as I open my heart back up to the Spirit, something happens and a Soul Cry hits me right down to my core.

Jo had talked about how- while having a support system is important- I need to be able to find the strength inside myself... I just don't know how to do it! I'm a networker, I like to talk to others, get their take on the situation, how they would handle it- or have handled it- and build my framework from there. Trying to build it alone hasn't worked so far, and trying to find support in building my self-sufficient support system hasn't helped either, because I haven't been able to find anyone who can really and truely understand what I experience. Fr Jack, I think, had the closest understanding of it... but he advised me to seek counsel from a spiritual guide, and all Sister Joan did was tell me it sounded like I had a good start on my own...

Somehow I need to embrace the concept of modern mysticism and build up from there. I just wish I had someone to lean on every now and then...

No comments: