Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Lead Me

Preciouis Lord, take my hand.
Lead me on. Let me stand.
I am tired. I am weak. I am worn.
Through the storm,
Through the night,
Lead me on to the light.
Take my hand, precious Lord,
And lead me home.

~African-American Spiritual
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lord only knows how I need to be led sometimes.... this is a prayer from my little book, and I love it - I have it flagged - it makes me want to sing, to arrange it, write the parts, and have the choir singing it at church on Sundays!  I know it says it's a spiritual, it might already have the parts all figured out... I just let it be my heart song, right now, because the melody I want to use is just barely out of reach- I can almost hear it, but not quite....

Does that make any sense?  Sometimes God doesn't have to make sense.  He knows my intentions, knows the joy and jubilation this little prayer brings me, and He delights in it.  And making Him happy makes me happy. 

No comments: