Friday, September 19, 2014

I Have a Little Book....

... a Little Book of Prayers, edited by David Schiller.  While I am in a void, a place of spiritual silence, I am going to try to post a few times a week, maybe more, from this book.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

O God, O Lord of the mountains and valleys, I have offered you a bit of your food, your drink. And now I continue on, beneath your feet and your hands, I, a traveler.

Now I will selep beneath your feet, beneath your hands, O Lord of the mountains and valleys, O Lord of the trees, O Lord of the creeping vines.  Again tomorrow there will be day, again tomorrow there will be light.  I know not where I will be.

Who is my mother?  Who is my father?  Only you, O God.  You watch me, guard me, on every path, through every darkness, and before each obstacle that you might hide or take away, O God, my Lord.  O Lord of the mountains and valleys.

~Kekchi Maya

No comments: