Tuesday, September 10, 2013

"When in Doubt, Go Where There's None"

That was my facebook comment when I checked in at church yesterday, and it was exactly where I needed to be.

I'd been avoiding going back to church, really, since I was asked to leave music ministry, 02/15/2013 - Ash Wednesday, and especially after leaving my ex-boyfriend.  It's been just too painful.  I went to church on Easter, but not my church.  I went a few times to other types of services, but not my church's services.  But yesterday I was moved by both good & bad things to just hit that "RESET" button and start all over. 

I found myself at St Stephen's about 30 minutes early for Mass, so I shared in some adoration (and tears) before mass.  It felt so right, being there, present with the Body of Christ- figuratively as the other members of the Faith Community sat down, and literally, with the Host on the altar.  The gospel message was perfect for what I needed to hear.... IMAGINE THAT! *soft grin*  God?  Speaking to me?  That's never happened to me before! (note-sarcasm! He talks to me all the time!)

Every one of us suffers, but what do we do with it?  We bring it to God.  We know Jesus is there with us.  We go to church.  We feel Him.  He doesn't "fix" it, but He helps us heal from it, and we do not have to do it alone.

Wise words for this aching soul.

No comments: