Thursday, October 18, 2012

Mary is in Fashion!

I've been watching TV lately, thinking it's so neat how celeb's are sportin' their faith more and more, for instance, how C-Lo Green was wearing a rosary around his neck during blind auditions on The Voice... But yesterday I wandered into one of my favorite little quirky-trendy stores to find this:



The tag actually had rosaries in every.single.color you could imagine labeled as "Fashion Jewelry"... !  WHAT?!  I mean, don't get me wrong, I think it's great for rosaries to be popular, but isn't it almost blasphemous to market them as jewelry?  For people to wear them naively, ignorantly, because they happen to match an outfit?  Isn't it a mockery of faith for them to be marketed that way? 

It kind of reminds me of the tables in the tabernacle, when Jesus is so outraged... ? I don't know... I'm not sure how I feel about it.  Don't get me wrong, I love to see Catholicism in mainstream popularity, but not because someone's wearing a rosary during an interview.  I guess it's my passion for Mary & her position within the Church that really makes me wish there was a way to inform people about the "necklace" they're purchasing. 

No comments: