Tuesday, December 13, 2011

A Prayer for Advent, Week 2 (observed)

Sorry for the delayed posting- the common cold has had me down for the count! 

While I was only able to work a few hours on a few days last week, I was praying for Graces to be bestowed upon me.... whether it was patience to get through the morning commute, or compassion while dealing with customers at work, or while the grace to forgive certain family members who have chosen a very dark path and have turned their backs on the family...

And who better to pray with than Our Mother, Mary!  The second week of Advent we celebrated the Feast of the Immaculate Conception, and she is the mediatrix of graces for us.  I like to think of her as if she were by my side, with her arm around me while I pray:

Hail, Mary, full of Grace, the Lord is with thee! 
Blessed art thou amongst women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, mother of  God, pray for us sinners,
Now and at the hour of our death,
Amen.

No comments: