Friday, December 4, 2009

Let Go and Let God...

I'm sure I've used this title before, but I'm using it again, because sometimes this is all that you can do... and right now, this is all I can do.

Because of my wonderful (note:sarcasm) downstairs neighbor's harassment, I have made the decision to break my lease 6 months early and move into a house... or so I am hoping. My current property owner said that my last-month deposit will cover my being in the condo through 12/21, and then I will be charged per diem after that, which I can handle, and he said he wouldn't hold me to contract for rent until the unit is leased to someone else, which is very generous of him.

Come to find out, through negotiations with the property owner for the house, that he will give me the option of a month-to-month lease so I don't have to lay out $4400 (first/last/security deposit + pet deposit) but I still need to put down $3000 (first/security deposit + pet deposit) asap, that he cannot hold the property if someone else comes first that can pay the full deposit.

I have to agree to the terms for the condo by 12/11, and cannot put a full deposit down for the house at once- I put in an offer of putting down $1200 12/25, $1400 01/08, and the $400 pet deposit after that... I'm just waiting to hear back from the property manager, who has been an amazing GOD SEND through all of this!!!

So, it's out of my hands. I have to pray that the home owner finds compassion and understanding in his heart to accept my offer. Otherwise I could potentially be homeless as of 12/21... and that's a scary thought. I mean, my parents have offered to let me move back home until I find a place, and I'd have to rent a storage unit...

It's time to leave work now.... and you can bet your buttons I'm going to be praying the entire way home.
-----------------------------------------------------

So- what I haven't had the chance to add is that, right after I posted this with a prayer, the property manager called me and said that my final proposal was acceptable!! Now it's just a matter of negotiating a move-in date. I hope I can move before the 21st, otherwise I will technically be "homeless" and paying per diem at the condo... which can get real expensive, real fast.

Thank GOD for answered prayers!!!

No comments: