Monday, April 4, 2011

It's Been a While

I went to Mass last week.  It felt right.  It felt good.  It was perfect timing. 

Then I realized the reason why I've been avoiding Catholic churches so much these last few years- I would not know what to do if I walked in and a certain someone happened to be the guest priest or deacon for that weekend.  How well do you think it'd go over, to walk up and slug a priest? 

Yeah.  Not so much.

BUT, that's when I said "God, I put my faith in You, that You will protect me from hurt when/if that time ever comes."  *shrug*  Here's to hoping!

I did also contact the leader for junior high/high school faith formation.  I want to be involved.  I know that God has given me so much that I need to share, it's not fair of me to keep it all bottled up inside just because the person who really helped me find who I am as a Christian and as a Catholic then renounced our friendship and crushed my soul!  (hmmm.... I thought I was done being bitter- guess not!?)

So, yeah.  Hopefully I will be able to meet with the director for the older kids' faith formation classes, and start helping out with that ASAP. 

I'm excited!

No comments: