Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Hail, Mary, Full of Grace... The Lord is with Thee!

A woman was murdered outside my apt last week, and I haven't been able to sleep very well since it happened. Sunday night, I couldn't take it any more, and I prayed & sobbed my way home from Easter dinner. The only prayer that felt right was the Hail Mary.

And speaking of Mary- Bones's new episode has what everyone thought was an image of the Virgin Mary on a piece of cardboard... of course, this si more of a murder than a miracle, but ironic, no?

Back to the praying. It's been said that Mary will never turn her back on anyone who asks for her prayers. Now, let me clarify- as a Catholic, I'm not praying to Mary, I'm asking her to pray for me. And who knows- maybe it's all in my mind and after 30 minutes of meditation it calmed me down enough to sleep for more than 2 hours, but my faith- my Faith- believes that it's the help of the Holy Family. God the Parent, Jesus the Brother, and the Spirit as guide. My meditations with each round of the prayer was that I would feel the Spirit, sleep easy, and find peace in my soul with everything that happened.

Now, while this prayer is filled with little bits of guilt- CATHOLIC- it's my favorite, and I'm going to share it with you. When you feel lost and not sure how to start praying to the Big Man, start a little smaller, and ask for help with your prayers. Have faith.

Hail Mary, full of Grace, the Lord is with Thee!
Blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

No comments: